USA Swimming Website has a wealth of information! There is an entire section of USA swimming devoted to parents: Click Here
- Every parent should read USA Swimming's 10 Commandments of Parents
- USA Swimming's Strategies for Parents
- USA Swimming's Praising your Athlete
Bluefish Swim Club Welcome Packet
New Bluefish Families please download Welcome Packet
(click link below)
- Packet for New Swimmers (those who are new to USA Swimming)
- Packet for Transfer Swimmers (USA Swimmers from another team)
BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR FIRST SWIM MEET - Please Read!
New Swim Team Parents below are links to several pages I recommend reading before you attend your first swim meet.
Everything you need to know about swim meets: Click Here
Recommend Articles to Read:
- Sticking With Swimming Click Here
- Myths and Misconceptions about Year Round Clubs By Jim Rusnak, Managing Editor of Splash Magazine (USA Swimming website 9/12/08) Click Here
- UNDERSTANDING AND HANDLING PERFORMANCE PRESSURE Click Here
- THE COMPETITION ON THE EDGE: THE ART OF BEING COURAGEOUS Click Here
- What makes a champion? Click Here
- Coaching and Recruiting the Habit of Mental Toughness Click Here
- USA Swimming Goal Setting Packet Chapter 1 Click Here
- USA Swimming Selk Talk Packet Chapter 3 Click Here
- USA Swimming Self Confidence Packet Chapter 6 Click Here
- USA Swimming Mental Preperation Chapter 8 Click Here
- Parenting Teenagers: Click Here
“THE REAL CONTEST IS ALWAYS BETWEEN WHAT YOU’VE DONE AND WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF DOING. YOU MEASURE YOURSELF AGAINST YOURSELF AND NOBODY ELSE.” ~ Geoffrey Gaberino Olympic Gold Medalist - Swimming
- A champion views competetors as partners who provide challenge and the chance to improve.
- A champion understands performances are like a roller coaster, with many ups and downs, and that you have to accept both the good and the bad.
- A champion enjoys sport for the simple pleasures it provides.
- A champion has vision. A champion dreams of things that haven't been and believes they are possible. A champion says "I can."